Solution Architect (Java)
IT Camp partner is a Latvian IT company, which is on the market for more than 15 years, developing a wide variety of enterprise software products and apps for different industries – starting from insurance services IT solutions used by the largest insurance companies in the Baltics to Border Guard process management solutions, employee self-service solutions and many other custom projects for companies in Latvia and worldwide.
There are 56 people working in a company.
The office is in Riga center, Baznicas street. Fully remote work option is acceptable – you can choose the most comfortable way for you.
The main company task is to create IT solutions, which help to develop client`s business, making it more effective and more simple in business processes.
There is a special methodology in a company, which provides fast, flexible and effective software development.
Technology stack: Java 11, Vaadin, Groovy, Docker, OracleDB, Bamboo
The main product: Insurance system — core system for any insurance company, which is divided in 3 modules: Policies, Claims, Accounting&Billing. The system is provided as a software to the clients, is installed in a client`s infrastructure and is working as internal system.
The current stage of the product: development of the insurance system`s functionality, features and integrations individually for every client.
Plans of the company:
1) to launch a system in Lithuania;
2) to merge two clients, where the company`s system will be the main, which will provide more simple migrations, integrations and new features development.
Due to the growth of the company for our partner, we are looking for a Solution Architect to join the team of professionals.
- Design technical architecture for solutions that meet product needs for scalability, reliability and performance;
- Create solution architecture with deep technical details;
- Together with the teammates solve complex technical problems;
- Conduct solution architecture and code quality control and lead quality improvement process;
- Apply architectural and engineering concepts to design a solution that meets operational requirements, such as scalability, maintainability, security, reliability, extensibility, flexibility, availability and manageability;
- Research new industry and technology trends and apply this knowledge to develop new solutions or improve current ones;
- Identify new technologies and platforms to help solve technical challenges or limitations in the existing infrastructure;
- Search and implement an automated solution to achieve productivity and efficiency;
- Take part in prototyping the proposed architectural components;
- Maintain a strong understanding of industry trends and best practices;
- Create and follow a personal growth plan in the technology stack and solution architecture;
- Mentor and train teammates on new technologies and the latest trends, facilitating team growth.
- Experience in the software development field for more than 8 years;
- Experience in defining, supervising and leading solution design for more than 4 years;
- Experience in developing a product from scratch and improving large scale product to effective architecture and design;
- Knowledge of modern technology landscape and strategies;
- Solid knowledge of the company`s tech stack: Java 8+, Git, Oracle DB, Groovy, Gradle, Docker, Vaadin, IntelliJ IDE;
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, clean code and clean architecture practices;
- Solid knowledge and experience in continuous delivery;
- Willingness to be a part of an Agile, transparent, ego-free and lean thinking team with open communication and team values.
What company is offering:
- An opportunity to take part in and influence product development;
- Good remuneration package, phone coverage and health insurance;
- An opportunity to grow professionally in a healthy and positive environment with full-time mentorship;
- Working on international projects, going on adventures during company events and exploring new technologies together during R&D time and workshops;
- Gross salary range 3750 – 5500 EUR/month.